Welcome to Porter, Maine
WE HAVE MOVED
The Town Office is now located in the back of the
Kezar Falls Fire Station.
The residents of Porter voted last year to replaced the Town Hall , built in 1919, with a new building. The new building will be a single level building, easier to maintain, more energy efficient, and completely ADA accessible.
We will keep you updated on the progress by adding photos of the different stages of demolition and construction.
The abatement of hazardous materials was done by Atlantic Environmental Contractors, Inc. of Lewiston, Maine, and demolition of the building was done by P.Y. Estes and Son, Inc. of Baldwin, Maine. Site work in preparation for the concrete work will also be done by P.Y. Estes and Son, Inc. The concrete work will be done by J.J. Concrete of Limerick, Maine
May 17 update
The concrete work is almost done. Electric and plumbing are being stubbed in prior to pouring the slab.
The electrical work is being done by Wadsworth Electrical from Cornish, and the plumbing is being done by Tim Stocks Plumbing & Heating.
May 22 update
Framing has begun today. The General Contractor, Geyer Construction of Porter, will be doing the majority of the work from here to completion.
The corner stone marking the date of construction of the old building has been saved along with several papers found on top of the corner stone. We are attempting to find to best way to deal with these papers as they are very old and brittle. If we can take pictures of them, we will post them on the web site.
Some of the bricks from the old building have also been saved for future use.